I believe that so many people use Github or other git-like systems for code tracking and management.
But how to make your git log useful and readable. here are some tips. Remember that you are not the only engineer for developing. So, creating a readable log will help other engineers to realize the code quickly. And also, teach other engineers using the same format will make your life easier.
Here are the tips.
1. Separate subject from body with a blank line
2. Limit the subject line to 50 characters
3. Capitalize the subject line
4. Do not end the subject line with a period
5. Use the imperative mood in the subject line
6. Wrap the body at 72 characters
7. Use the body to explain what and why vs. how